Welcome to Second Grade!



Monday, June 7, 2010

First Attempt


Wow! Welcome to the world of technology! I think I may need a longer class. haha. The first article we read was helpful! If you read Peggy Jo's blog you know we collaborated on this assignment. After bouncing around our thoughts, I think we have a firmer grip on what we are facing. ( and no, I don't think Julia Roberts should play her in the movie. However, maybe Kate Hudson could play me!) I thought the article clearly stated the importance of helping students learn to work together. As educators, can you imagine how limited we would be if we didn't work together when planning units? We would miss out on a wealth of ideas!

3 comments:

  1. WOW you even put a picture on here- I am SO impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guessing you and Peggy met at Starbucks?!

    Collaboration is such an obvious good idea - whoever said that two heads are better than one was the inventor of collaboration! Wonder why it has taken some of us so many years to figure out that learning accelerates when students collaborate! I love to see teachers using collaborative pairs in their classrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree with teachers working together. Kathy Scheidt and I worked together for years -- then couldn't this past year. I MISSED it! We're hoping to get back together next year. I think our kiddos really get a lot out of it -- learning to work in bigger groups, having other adults around, etc. Now that I'm teaching severe/profound, I think it will benefit the kids in other ways too.
    (Unrelated, I don't know how to change who I comment as, so it's Jennifer Williams (aka One Tired Mommy)

    ReplyDelete